Join Escape Outdoors as we take you through your D of E journey; we specialise in the Out-the-box expeditions * MTB* *Walk* or *Canoeing*
At Escape Outdoors, we have been involved in Duke of Edinburgh delivery, training and staff standardisation for the last 20 years.
We think that you should undertake an 'alternative' D of E programme.
We specialise in Canoeing and MTB expeditions for Bronze and Silver award- heading off to the New Forest, River Wye, River Medway, River Severn, the South Downs, North Downs or Downs Link to name a few- dependant on the challenege the group requires.
Mountain Biking for your Duke of Edinburgh is an amazing way to see the countryside and get that distance and challenge under your belt!
The D of E Mountain Bike BRONZE Package Consists of:
- Two days Training- covering the basics for all areas of expedition, including bike maintenence, First Aid and Camp-craft
- Two day Practice to reflect on the speed, equipment and navigational skills required
- Two day Qualifier- the accummulation of the skills, navigation and Campcraft will show a successful outcome whilst have fun!
*SILVER Packages include; One day Training, 3 days Practice and 3 days Qualifier*
There is no better way to see the stunning countryside by Canoe. This mode of transport offers its own challenges, with planning and the amount of equipment you can carry. Competency in the craft is essential, which is why we include a training package to suit your needs.
BRONZE Package Includes:
- 3 days Training (2 within the Canoes and one on other areas of the Award)
- 2 days Practice to reflect on the skills required and the speed of travel
- 2 days Qualifier undergoing your own planned expedition in a competnet manner.
*SILVER Package includes- 2 days training (dependant on Canoe competence), 3 days Practice and 3 days Qualifier*
Visit our Useful Links page to find helpful information and resources for all our courses
Escape Outdoors is a Sussex based adventure company that is able to provide a variety of Outdoor Adventure courses.
We have been involved in the outdoor
industry for the last 20 years through personal adventures, coaching or lecturing to potential outdoor instructors.
At Escape Outdoors we believe in delivering a quality course that suits the needs of the group or individuals.
We listen to our customers and aim to improve and expand our courses to ensure that your experience is a great one.
Rather print/ edit paper- you still can here...